It is time, if you havent done it already, you should start writing your thank you notes. Christmas is long gone and it is now time to send out the thank yous. Don’t stress over the words or grammar, what matters most is that the words come from the heart.
Some quick tips for Thank You note writing:
- Send your thank you notes as quickly as possible. Generally notes should be sent within a week of receipt of the gift or gesture.
- Notes may be sent on informal stationery, except for wedding thank you notes.
- Always make specific reference to the gift that is the subject of the note.
- When composing a thank you note for hospitality, you may simply address it to your hostess. But acknowledge the spouse as well.
1. First and foremost, if you are talented and can draw, cut or design, make your own card, it means more and you can use what you already have around the house, making this the greenest of green thank you notes.
2. If you are not crafty, try these Easy DIY Thank You note postcards from Christmas cards. Just cut a holiday card in half along its fold, and use the front half as a picture postcard. The USPS guidelines call for postcards that are at least 3.5 x 5, the size of an index card, and no larger than 4.25 x 6.
3. Check out the Eco-friendly Thank You cards at thisnext.com.
4. Another site to check is cardsdirect.com, they have a nice selection of Recycled Thank You Cards.
So what are you waiting for, get those Thanks You notes written!