1. Make your own card with recycled material that you already have around the house: Old cards, left over pieces of ribbon, homework projects, old folders, used stamps, fabric remnants, etc… Make something beautiful and show how much you care.
2. If your not crafty, buy eco-friendly, 100% post consumer recycled cards: Check out these ones from Zanisa.
3. Send an e-card. For a wide assortment of free e-cards, check out 123greetings.com. Three Leaf Cards is another e-card website that wants to save the planet one online greeting card at a time…They donate 10% of annual membership fees to our Nonprofit Partners as you choose.
4. Check out etsy for beautiful 100% Earth Friendly Valentines Cards.
5. Let your kids join the fun. Stubby Pencil Studio has a 12 pack of eco-friendly love notes for all your favorite people. They even sell soy crayons to color the cards with at a very reasonable price.
6. Cut out an I Love You out of the newspaper and stick onto some cardstock or recycled printing paper.
7. Made by girl has an assortment of Valentine cards printed on recycled or post consumer paper.
8. Send a sprouts Valentines Day card – Eco-friendly greeting cards that grow flowers. Green Field Paper Company also offers Grow a Note cards. Not only do they get a nice card, they also get to enjoy some beautiful flowers.