I was watching the news last night and it showed a family who had been robbed, all their Christmas gifts had been stolen from under their tree. They were, with right, devastated. I turned and looked at my husband and said, well they could come take the gifts from under our tree! Because we have none! We both laughed because we seriously have not bought any Christmas gifts yet.
I have taken the homemade challenge and so I have all these great ideas of things I can make but haven’t seemed to find any time to make them. I had hoped to make my daughters some pajama pants, mittens and scarves. I have started a project or two but not finished any of them as of yet.
Well today I thought I would share some of my DIY craft findings so you can be green and save some green.
1. Over at getrichslowly.org they have 34 Great Christmas Gift Ideas. My favorites are the Secret Hollow Book, Marble Magnets, and the Teacup candles.
2. SewMamaSew has an amazing assortment of easy to make Christmas Gifts for anyone on your list. Check out The Ultimate Handmade Holidays Master List 2008.
3. Martha Stewart has a list of some nice Handmade Gifts.
4. Another of my favorite projects that I hope to make before Christmas are these Upcycled Wrist Cuffs. Great gifts for Teens.
5. Skip to my Lou has plenty of pretty girly gifts for making by hand.
6. The last one I will list is How About Orange,,,. They have a nice long list of DIY tutorials to check out.
So if you have the bug now and you are in the mood to make some wonderful Christmas gifts than get to looking on the internet at the tutorials and ideas that are out there. I havent even tipped the scale yet. Come back and share what you find!