December 17, 2009
Its not always easy to find gifts for guys, especially those guys that have it all and don’t need a thing.
Below is a list of great green gifts for that hard-to-buy-for guy in your life.
Tree Hugger Tee’s – Free shipping on orders over $50. Each 100% organic cotton tee costs $25. and they have a bunch of fun ones to choose from.
Recycled Necktie & Suit Wallets from Uncommon Goods – Recycled neckties and suits turn into wallets for the eco-friendly man.
Shake and Shine Flashlight – Handy little no-battery emergency flashlight is extremely bright and reliable. It never needs batteries and generates power by converting mechanical energy (shaking) into electrical energy to power the light.
Bike Chain Bottle Opener – Uncap your favorite beverage with this bottle opener made of recycled bike chain.
Spread the Word!
September 1, 2009
Urban Renewal pieces are totally one-of-a-kind handcrafted in Philadelphia from vintage, dead-stock and surplus materials sourced from around the world. ~ Urban Outfitters
Urban Renewal is its own section on the site of Urban Outfitters where you can find clothing items that are essentially made from recycled clothing or material. Making it possible for you to be green and buy items like this one-of-a-kind vintage chambray shirt:
They also have various knit dresses that are pieced together from vintage knit fabrics, you pick the shade you want and they choose for you from a limited edition of dresses, similar to whats on the site.
They have vintage Hawaiian shirts that have been made into dresses and tank tops that have been made into dresses. They have used amazing creativity to make the clothing they sell on Urban Renewal.
If you are concerned about the environment and want to wear clothes that are in style check out Urban Renewal before you shop anywhere else. Recycling makes the world go around!
Spread the Word!
August 18, 2009
Its that time of year when all the students are out trying to find the school supplies they need, the strongest back packs, and a new wardrobe so they can look their best when they show up to school that first day. Well its not hard to be green when your back to school shopping. Here are a few tips to keep in mind while making your way through the stores.
- First off, check through what you already have, if you have left over paper, pencils or any other supplies – don’t buy any more, use what you have.
- Don’t buy just because its a good sale, if you don’t need it then its just a waste of money and resources.
- For the supplies you do need to buy try to stick to recycled, eco-friendly school supplies.
- The best thing to do is see if your student can get by with the back pack they have from last year. Reusing is the greenest, most eco-friendly thing you can do for the environment.
- For college bound students a Solar Backpack is very handy and green.
- Another brand thats built to last and has a recycle program is TimBuk2.
- Owl 100% Recycled Deluxe Compu-Backpack.
- Have your student go through their clothes and pull out what still fits and what they can still wear and then make a list of what they need.
- Check out your local Goodwill or Thrift Store for some great eco-friendly deals.
- Recycle your old clothes into something new. How to Make a Whole New Wardrobe by Recycling Your Clothes from wikiHow.
- For some of your have-to-buy-new needs, try and find items that are Eco-friendly either by the material they are made from (such as hemp or bamboo) or how there company take steps to make the environment better.
Spread the Word!
May 6, 2009
Baby Bean vintage daywear, one-of-a-kind, cool, girly clothing made with 100% vintage fabrics is based in Dallas, Texas, and was created in 2004 by Christine Visneau. Christine studied Fashion Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology and is inspired daily by her two little girls.
Each collection is crafted from and inspired by vintage fabrics. Each garment is handmade and truly one-of-a-kind. Our silhouettes are simple and modern, and the rich vintage textiles give each garments a timeless and classic feel.
Their new 2009 spring and summer collection is now available. They have clothes for little girls ranging in sizes 6 months to 6 years. Each item is made by hand and no two are alike. You also have the option to choose your own fabric from the swatches they have available. Each cute little outfit is made so brilliantly and feminine, perfect for your little angel. Great attention to detail and use of contrasting fabrics. You are bound to love whatever you buy from Baby Bean.
You can visit the Baby Bean website, Baby Bean Etsy Shop, where she offers a a lot of the same items from the website but also has some other items; or you can check out the Baby Bean Vintage Studio blog where she keeps you informed on some of the new styles she is making.