1. Anycom Solar Car Kit – The Anycom Solar Car Kit conveniently affixes to your windshield with suction cups, enabling you to have cell-phone conversations while keeping your hands on the wheel. Not only does its rechargeable lithium polymer battery provide up to 15 hours talk time; it also has a high-performance so-lar panel on the back, capable of soaking up sunlight to power your calls. With sufficient sunlight, three hours of charging will provide 30 minutes of talk time.
2. Iqua 603 Sun Bluetooth Headset – The first solar-powered Bluetooth headset in the world. This wireless device has a photovoltaic cell that uses any available light — outdoors and indoors — to charge itself and extend its operation times. The 603 Sun offers about 12 hours of phone time with a standard charge.
3. Apple MacBook Air – The MacBook Air has a recyclable aluminum enclosure, as well as a mercury-free LCD display with arsenic-free glass. Inside, the system contains no brominated flame retardant, and the cables are PVC-free. These green criteria and other have earned the system a Gold rating from EPEAT, which grades computing products based on their greenness. The lean, green machine consumes the least power among all Macs: It can run for five hours without its batteries needing to be recharged.
4. HP TouchSmart IQ500 Series – One of the interesting features of the TouchSmart is that it features HP software designed specifically for touch. The environmental advantages of the TouchSmart are many. To begin with, the machine itself uses 55 percent less metal and 37 percent less plastic than standard PCs and monitors. Moreover, HP’s power management technology provides up to 45 percent energy savings compared to PCs without power management enabled. The system complies with the RoHS directive and has earned a Silver rating from EPEAT.
5. Vers 2X – The Vers Audio 2X is a minute iPod docking sound system with two three-inch speakers, yet it produces a rich, natural full-range sound. The eucalyptus and pine wood stock used for the system walls comes from locally sourced and managed plantations; all the trees that are harvested are replanted. In building Vers systems, the entire tree – roots, trunk, bark, branches, and twig — is used. The company doesn’t add formaldehyde to its wood, either. Additionally, the Vers 2X system is designed for easy disassembly, making it easier to recycle at the end of its life.
6. Dell Hybrid Studio Desktop – The Hybrid Studio’s green appeal is its high level of energy efficiency: Consuming 70 percent less power than a typical desktop, the machine surpasses the requirements laid out by Energy Star for desktops. These traits help earn the machine a Gold rating from EPEAT. The sleekly designed system is 80 percent smaller than standard desktops, which means it contains less plastic and other non-biodegradable materials than its rivals.
7. Hybrid Solar Light – The Solar Lite makes sure you’re never left in the dark by combining solar power and lithium-ion batteries for a perfect mix of renewable energy and a super-long use time. It charges via artificial light or sunlight, and can hold a solar charge for as long as three years. The one-watt LED bulb is a greener option for a powerful, bright light.
8. SolarGorilla and PowerGorilla – Designed to pack a solar charged punch, the Solar Gorilla and Power Gorilla Solar Charger Kit will give you the freedom to power and charge all your portable electronics from the sun, with the added benefit of storing a charge for use when you don’t have access to sunlight.
9. Home Manageables – The Homemanageables Starter Kit is the flexible, quick, and easy home control and monitoring solution that puts vital information about your home and family at your fingertips. The Starter Kit also helps you save on energy costs. This wireless system will give you freedom you never dreamed possible. As a holiday special, Homemanageables will offer a 20% discount on our starter kits. They are a great way to get started in home automation. You can immediately start saving on your energy costs by only using electricity when you need it. It is also real fun to use! Just enter coupon code “GLFSK” at checkout to receive the 20% discount.
10. [re]Drive External Hard Drive – The energy-efficient, resource-conscious external hard drive made with renewable, naturally grown bamboo and recyclable aluminum, the most recycled metal on the planet. These durable materials come together to create a unique design that looks and stays cool, without noisy fans. Add to that a low-power hard drive and Energy Star power adapter, and you’ve got a storage and backup solution that keeps your grid demands to a minimum.