December 18, 2009
Looking for some green, earth friendly gifts for the women in your life, check out these great ideas.
Sterling Silver Stackable Rings: The artisans who hand make these sterling silver rings are paid fairly in the local context and are pre-paid 50% up front so they don’t need to use their own resources to purchase raw materials.
Organica’s Weekend Scarf: Hand-woven and made by women artisans using 100% non-violent, natural silk. The purchase of beautiful Tasar silk (indigenous to India) has far reaching impact on the environment and on livelihoods of the rural poor.
Bamboo 5 Piece Brush Set: This earth-friendly brush set is packed with the 4 high-quality brushes and, it shows respect for the planet. Bamboo handles, Synthetic taklon bristles that are 100% cruelty free, Sleek ferrule made from recycled aluminum and the cosmetic case is made from natural cotton and hemp.
Spread the Word!
December 10, 2009
If you have a chef in your family, someone who loves food and loves to cook, check out the list below of 6 wonderful, green, Eco-friendly Christmas gifts for the food lover in your life.
- Duo Pressure Cooker from Fagor – This contemporary update on the classic pressure cooker recycles stainless steel in streamlined modern design with high-functioning performance.
- The Organic Wine Company Monthly Wine Club – Each month, they will send you a selection of 3 wines from our collection. New vintages or interesting, but rare wines will be offered in priority to expand your horizons!
- Cast Iron Skillet from Lodge Logic – Its legendary cooking performance keeps it on the list of kitchen essentials for great chefs and home kitchens alike. And check out their Eco-responsibility practices.
- Organic Spice Collection – Each spice can contains 12 one-teaspoon packets. These flavorful organic herbs complement the global cuisines of today’s kitchen. Includes, Basil, Dill Weed, Oregano, Rosemary, Tarragon and Thyme.
- Green Your Kitchen – Includes everything you need to green your kitchen and replace those non green items that you have been keeping around.
- Bamboo Salad Bowls – 100% organically-grown bamboo, non-toxic adhesive, natural food-safe wood oil. These bowls are made from vertical-grain bamboo, which makes them not only beautiful, but also extremely durable. They do not impart or absorb flavors.
Spread the Word!
October 12, 2009
If you are anything like me, you probably love to cook and you care about the environment. Combining the two can be difficult sometimes. The other day I was reading Joy the Bakers blog and she mentioned Green Kitchen Tools and so I decided to check them out and see what they are all about.
Green Kitchen Tools:
- Heat and stain resistant
- Safe to use on all non-stick surfaces
- Will not absorb flavors or odors
- Lightweight and strong
All Green Kitchen Tools are made to be sustainable and practical. We craft our tools utilizing the best materials – scratch resistant nylon, stainless steel and exquisite 100% bamboo handles – all provide strength, durability and functionality.
Tough, durable and lightweight – bamboo is a natural in the kitchen. It’s also one of nature’s most sustainable resources; reaching maturity in just four years without pesticides or chemicals.
Bamboo’s density makes it naturally water-resistant, which inhibits germ and bacteria growth.
Green Kitchen Tools offers a variety of tools for your kitchen and bbq. Selling them individually and in sets. If you are in need of new kitchen tools, check them out!